Laser welding process features introduced
Laser welding and fiber laser cutting are two completely different working principles.
Laser cutting is the use of high temperature to instantly melt metal, blow away molten iron slag, forming a cutting seam. Laser welding, on the other hand, is a welding process that uses a laser to create a transient melt on a metal surface and connect the metal.
1. Laser welding is applied to the sealing and welding of microelectronic instruments. There is no need to worry about the damage to the instrument caused by heating, and the workpiece can be obtained by laser welding to obtain a non-porous weld, thus achieving a completely sealed weld of the micro device housing.
2. Laser precision welding is applied to the welding of original micro-circuits. Laser precision soldering for the soldering of microcircuit components, including the connection of the leads to the printed circuit board, the connection of the leads to the silicon board contacts, the soldering of the thin wires and the thin film, the integrated circuit and the coplanar lead and the printed circuit board connection.
Laser welding of precision parts welding is the welding of a heat source using a laser beam focused by a high-power coherent monochromatic photon stream. This welding method usually has continuous power laser welding and pulsed power laser welding. The advantage of laser welding is that it does not need to be performed in a vacuum. The disadvantage is that the penetration force is not as strong as electron beam welding.
Laser welding of precision parts enables precise energy control, enabling the welding of precision micro devices. It can be applied to many metals, in particular to the welding of difficult-to-weld metals and dissimilar metals.
The production of precision components welding laser: After the material is stimulated, the light beam with the same wavelength, frequency, and direction is generated.
The characteristics of the laser welding of precision parts: It has the characteristics of good monochromaticity, good directivity, and high energy density. After the laser is focused by a transmission or a mirror, a beam with a diameter of less than 0.01mm and a power density of up to 1013W/cm2 can be obtained. It can be used as a heat source for welding, cutting, drilling and surface treatment. The materials that generate laser light include solids, semiconductors, liquids, gases, and the like, among which industrial processes such as welding and cutting are mainly YAG solid-state lasers and CO2 gas lasers.
The main advantages of laser welding for precision parts welding are:
(1) The laser welding of precision parts can be transmitted by optical methods such as optical fibers and prisms. It is suitable for welding of parts that are difficult for micro parts and other welding methods, and can also be welded through transparent materials.
(2) With high energy density, high-speed welding can be achieved, heat affected zone and welding deformation are very small, especially suitable for the welding of heat-sensitive materials.
(3) The laser welding of precision parts is not affected by the electromagnetic field, does not generate X-rays, does not require vacuum protection, and can be used for the welding of large structures.
(4) Insulated conductors can be directly welded without having to strip the insulating layer in advance; also, dissimilar materials with large differences in physical properties can be welded.
The main disadvantages of laser welding for precision parts welding are: the equipment is expensive, the energy conversion rate is low (5% to 20%), and the requirements for interface processing, assembly, and positioning of the weldment are high. Currently, it is mainly used in the electronics industry and instrument industry. The welding of micro devices, and the welding of silicon steel sheets, galvanized steel sheets, etc.
With more and more competition in the Laser welding machine industry, many companies are constantly transforming their technologies, and individual companies have also developed laser microwelding technology. This kind of welding technology can weld small parts and materials, and even a few millimeters can achieve a solid welding. Laser micro-welding machine features a lot, such as unique shape, advanced structure, key and many other advantages, generally mainly in the medical, electronic equipment, automotive industry, the extensive application of laser micro-welding is bound to be a major area of the laser industry.
The laser micro-welding technology is also developed from the laser welding technology. In the early stage of development, despite many hardships, it still achieved a harvest. This welding technique is also based on laser beam processing. Using high-quality focusing mirrors and pulse waveforms to melt and combine materials, this brings great advantages to many industries.
Contact: Yousheng Fang
Add: Floor 5, Building B, Dingfeng Science and Technology Park, Songgang Tantou 5th Industrial Zone, Baoan District, Shenzhen, China.